Unless you receive an email or phone call from a Customer Service Representative, you can use your original tickets for the new schedule.
If you have an electronic ticket (e-ticket):
- Print a copy of your current reservation and bring it with you to the airport for reference. (A copy is not mandatory to check-in.)
- Present a government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license, passport, or state-issued identification card) at the airport ticket counter at check-in.
- The airline will issue your boarding pass with current flight, gate, and time information.
- If you use a kiosk for check-in, you will need a credit card or frequent flyer card to access your reservation.
- Proceed through the security checkpoint and then go to your assigned gate to board your flight.